The error message you see when you try to log into your Bluestacks application will likely look something like the following: If you have a similar issue, one way to solve it is to try restarting your computer, and if this does not work, try restarting your Bluestacks application.
When I first installed BlueStacks in 2008, I was blown away by how easy it was to set up. However, I did not realize that in order to make it go even faster, I would have to put in a lot of unnecessary work in order to make it run more efficiently. Although, I noticed that my phone would become very slow when I ran out of RAM usage.
Milan StanojevicAssistant editor-in-chief
Milan has had a passion for computers since childhood, which has led him to become interested in all PC-related technologies. Before joining WindowsReport, he worked as a front-end web developer. Read more
Updated: 8. July 2021.
Published: September 2020
- A bug in Bluestacks prevents you from enjoying your favorite Android applications on your PC.
- This problem can occur for various reasons, for example, faulty drivers or a corrupted application.
- You should try uninstalling the program and installing the latest version.
- Installing the latest version of the .NET Framework may also solve this problem immediately.
We recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool to solve various PC problems:
This program fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Restoro PC repair tool, which contains a patented technology (patent available here).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- To fix problems that affect the security and performance of your computer, click Repair All.
- Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Bluestacks is one of the most popular Android emulation apps, but many users report that Bluestacks has encountered a bug.
This error message may prevent you from starting Bluestacks, and today’s article will explain how to solve this problem.
Sometimes there can be problems with Bluestacks, and speaking of problems with Bluestacks, here are some common problems reported by users:
- Connection error, try Bluestacks again – Sometimes this problem can be caused by your antivirus software. To avoid this problem, you can try disabling the antivirus program.
- Bluestacks 4 Error – Bluestacks requires certain services to be running. If any of the Bluestacks services are not working properly, you may encounter these and similar errors.
- Bluestacks does not connect – This is another common problem that can occur. If you experience this problem, try restarting Bluestacks and see if that helps.
- Bluestacks has an unknown network error – Bluestacks may have multiple errors. If you experience this problem, try reinstalling Bluestacks and see if that resolves your issue.
- Bluestacks crashes on one-time install, welcome screen, verify info – These are some of the most common problems you may encounter with Bluestacks, but you should be able to solve some of them with one of our solutions.
- Bluestacks app player error system.nullreferenceexception – This problem is usually caused by interference from other third-party solutions.
How can I solve the error message in Bluestacks?
- Uninstall Bluestacks completely and install the latest version.
- Update driver
- Restart Bluestacks
- Ensure that the required services are running
- Install the latest version of the .NET Framework
- Make a clean start
- Performing a system restore
- Switching to another emulator
- Type Control Panel in the search bar, then press Enter.
- In the Programs pane, click Uninstall a program.
- Find BlueStacks App Player, right click on it and select Remove. Confirm the action in the pop-up window that appears and continue the uninstallation process until the end.
- To continue with the removal of Bluestacks from your PC, go to C:ProgramData. If Windows is installed on another partition of your computer’s hard drive, replace C with the correct drive letter.
- Find the BlueStacksSetup folder here and delete it. Confirm the action in the pop-up window that appears.
- Now press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type %temp% and press Enter.
- Select and delete everything in the folder.
- After following all these steps, download Bluestacks from the official website and reinstall it.
If you get an error message in Bluestacks, your installation may be corrupt and this is the cause of the problem.
To resolve this issue, users are advised to completely remove Bluestacks from the computer and reinstall it.
Since some stubborn programs are difficult or impossible to remove because they always leave residual files, you can also check out the top 5 best uninstallers for Windows 10 PC.
- Go to Search, type devicemng and open Device Manager.
- Go to Display Adapters and right click on your graphics driver.
- Select Update Driver from the menu.
- Click Search for Drivers on My Computer and install the previously downloaded software on your PC.
If you are having problems with Bluestacks and you see the message An error has occurred, you may be able to solve the problem by simply updating the drivers.
Usually, the problem is caused by outdated video card drivers and you can just update them to solve the problem.
To do this, go to your graphics card manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your model. After downloading the latest drivers, follow the above steps to install them and the problem will be solved.
There is also an easier and faster way to install missing drivers by using a dedicated driver update program like DriverFix.
With DriverFix, not only do you know you’ll always have the latest drivers, but you can also fix drivers you already have or don’t have.
This is due to the libraries available to DriverFix, which are updated each time a new driver manufacturer’s version is released.
⇒ Get DriverFix
- Look for the Bluestacks icon in the lower right corner.
- If it is not present, tap the arrow icon to display other applications.
- Right click on the Bluestacks icon and select Exit from the menu.
- Then restart Bluestacks and check if the problem persists.
Occasionally, failures can occur in Bluestacks, and these failures can result in the message An error has occurred in Bluestacks. To resolve this issue, users recommend simply restarting Bluestacks.
This is a pretty simple fix, but several users have reported that it helped them, so you might want to give it a try.
- Press Windows + R and type services.msc.
- Press Enter or OK.
- When the Services window opens, look for BstHdAndroidSvc, BstHdLogRotatorSvc and BstHdPlusAndroidSvc.
- Right-click on each service and select Run from the menu.
After making these changes, check if the problem persists. If running these services solves the problem, we recommend changing their startup type to automatic. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Open the Services window and double-click the BstHdAndroidSvc, BstHdLogRotatorSvc, or BstHdPlusAndroidSvc service to open its properties.
- When the Properties window opens, set the Startup Type to Automatic and click the Start button to start the service.
- Now click Apply and OK to save your changes.
- Do the same for other services.
Bluestacks relies on certain services to work properly, and if these services do not work, you may receive an error message An error has occurred.
To resolve this issue, make sure both services are working properly.
After changing the startup type of the BstHdAndroidSvc, BstHdLogRotatorSvc and BstHdPlusAndroidSvc services, they should still work and the problem with Bluestacks is finally solved.
If Bluestacks is not working properly, the problem may be due to the absence of the .NET Framework, an important software component.
Some applications need this framework to work properly, and if you don’t have it installed, you may see the message An error occurred in Bluestacks.
To resolve this issue, it is recommended that you download and install the .NET Framework. After installing the .NET Framework, try restarting Bluestacks to see if the problem persists.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Now type msconfig and press OK or Enter.
- The System Configuration window appears. Click the Services tab and select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
- Disable all but a few Bluestacks services in the list.
- Go to the Start tab and click Open Task Manager.
- The task manager should launch and you should see a list of all the running applications.
- Right-click the first item in the list and select Deactivate.
- Repeat for all startup applications.
- After disabling all applications in Task Manager, return to the System Configuration window and click Apply and OK to save the changes. Restart the computer.
As mentioned earlier, sometimes third-party applications interfere with Bluestacks and cause this problem.
To resolve the issue, users are encouraged to restart and disable all third-party applications and services.
After restarting the computer, only the Bluestacks services should work. Now try running Bluestacks and see if the problem occurs again. Otherwise you must activate applications and services individually or in groups.
Remember that after you activate an application or service group, you must restart the computer to save the changes.
Once you find the problematic services or applications, uninstall them or leave them disabled so that this problem does not occur again.
- Press the Windows key + S and type Create Restore Point.
- Now select the option Create a restore point from the list of results.
- The System Properties window should now appear on the screen.
- Click on the System Restore button.
- The System Restore window will open.
- Press the Next button.
- You should now enable the Show other restore points option, if available.
- You should now select the desired restore point and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
If it’s a recent problem, System Restore can fix it.
In case you didn’t know: System Restore is a built-in feature of Windows that allows you to restore your system to an earlier state and fix many problems.
Once the system is restored, check if the problem persists.
If the previous solutions have not helped you to solve the problem of the error message An error occurred in Bluestacks, you should consider switching to another emulator.
Bluestacks is not the only Android emulator on the market, and we have already covered the best Android emulators for Windows 10, but if you are looking for a reliable alternative to Bluestacks, we recommend LDPlayer.
⇒ Obtain the LDP layer
Bluestacks is a great application, but sometimes you get the message An error occurred. This problem may prevent you from using Bluestacks, but we hope you were able to solve it with one of our solutions.
Is there a problem? Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool with excellent reviews on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix problems with patented technology (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Was this page helpful? Thank you.
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussion
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I log into BlueStacks?
BlueStacks requires a valid account to log in. If you are not signed in, you will see the following error message: “User not found. Please sign in using your BlueStacks account.” If you are still unable to log in, try the following: Close BlueStacks Open your browser and go to https://www.bluestacks.com/login Click the “Forgot your password?” link Enter your email address and click “Reset Password” Enter the new password and click “Submit” Click “Ok” Open BlueStacks again and try to log in If you still cannot log in, please contact our Customer Support.
How do I fix BlueStacks error?
If you get an error message that says “BlueStacks has stopped working” or “BlueStacks has encountered a problem,” you’ll need to uninstall and reinstall the app. To uninstall the app: Open the BlueStacks app Tap the “Settings” icon (the one with the gear) Tap “Uninstall” Tap “Yes” when prompted to confirm To reinstall the app: Open the BlueStacks app Tap the “Settings” icon (the one with the gear) Tap “Install” Tap “Install” again when prompted to confirm If you get an error message that says “BlueStacks has stopped working” or “BlueStacks has encountered a problem,” you’ll need to uninstall and reinstall the app. To uninstall the app: Open the BlueStacks app Tap the “Settings” icon (the one with the gear) Tap “Uninstall” Tap “Yes” when prompted to confirm To reinstall the app: Open the BlueStacks app Tap the “Settings” icon (the one with the gear) Tap “Install” Tap “Install” again when prompted to confirm
How do I sign into BlueStacks?
Go to the BlueStacks website and click on the “Sign In” button. What is the difference between the different types of games on BlueStacks? There are different types of games on BlueStacks. These include: – Casual Games: These games are designed to be easy to pick up and play. These games are not as difficult as other types of games. – Strategy Games: These games are designed to be played over a long period of time. These games are not easy to pick up and play. – Role Playing Games: These games are designed to be played over a long period of time. – Action Games: These games are designed to be played over a long period of time. – Puzzle Games: These games are designed to be played over a long period of time. – Board Games: These games are designed to be played over a long period of time. – Sports Games: These games are designed to be played over a long period of time. – Strategy Games
Feedback,bluestacks error code 1bluestacks error system format exceptionbluestacks error installingbluestacks not working windows 10bluestacks 5 error 1bluestacks recording error,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,bluestacks error code 1,launching the app on emulator is blocked in bluestacks,bluestacks error system format exception,bluestacks error installing,bluestacks not working windows 10,bluestacks 5 error 1,bluestacks recording error,bluestacks failed to read configuration file