When computer users come across the Autorun.inf file error they are often confused about what to do about it. There are many ways to solve the problem but the most important thing is to diagnose the real problem. Some of the most common causes of Autorun.inf errors are a corrupt hard drive, a virus, a malware infection or even a missing file. If you get the message “Autorun.inf file is missing or corrupt” it can eventually lead to more serious issues such as a bad hard drive!
If you are using Windows, then it is quite possible that you may have to face the Autorun.inf file error at some point in time. The Autorun.inf file is a crucial Windows file and if you delete or lose it, then you may end up experiencing problems with your system. Sometimes, you might have to face Autorun.inf file error as a result of some virus attack. For example, the Autorun.inf file error can occur if your computer is infected with some malware. Viruses often use Autorun.inf file error to spread their infection to other computers. As soon as the virus infects a computer, it will use Autorun.inf file to copy itself to
In this article you will learn how to solve the problem of missing or corrupted autorun.inf file, so please read on.
How do I fix a missing or corrupted autorun.inf file?
1. Run the program in compatibility mode
- Find the program icon, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program in compatibility mode box and select the version of Windows you want to use.
- Click OK and try to run the program again.
This is a pretty simple solution that should help you if you get the error message autorun.inf is missing or corrupted when you try to run old programs.
2. Using the command line
- Copy the file USMoneyDlxSunset.exe to the Documents folder.
- Then go to Start and type cmd to open a command prompt.
- Type the following commands and press Enter:
USMoneyDlxSunset.exe /C /T:%TEMP%Sunset
- These commands should solve the problem. Please try running the report again.
Some users have reported that using myinst instead of the setup command worked for them, so you should try both commands.
This is a method you can use to find the missing or corrupt autorun.inf file when trying to run Microsoft Money Deluxe.
3. Rename registry key
- Press the Windows key + R and type regedit. Press Enter or OK.
- Look for the file HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionIniFileMappingAutorun.inf
- Right-click on the Autorun.inf key and select Rename.
- Rename the key to Autorun.inf.bak.
- Restart the program and it should work now.
- Finally, you can go back and rename the registry to its original name.
You can also delete the Autorun.inf key, but it is safer to just rename it. After renaming or deleting this key, check that there is no autorun.inf file or message indicating that the key is corrupt.
4. Create the registry key Autorun.inf
- Open the registry editor.
- Go to the next key: ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionIniFileMapping
- Right-click on IniFileMapping and select New. Now select the Key item from the context menu.
- Name the new Autorun.inf key.
This solution can fix the autorun.inf file is missing or corrupted error, but it will work only if the autorun.inf key is missing in your registry.
If this is the case, create a key following the steps above and see if this solves the problem.
We conclude our article with this last step. Hopefully, one of the solutions in this article will help you solve the problem of missing or corrupted autorun.inf file.
If you have any other recommendations or suggestions, please let us know in the comments below, we’d love to hear them.
Still having problems?
Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool with excellent reviews on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix problems with patented technology (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about windows 7 autorun.inf file download and let us know what you think.
windows 10 autorun.inf downloadautorun.inf windows 10 usbdownload autorun.inf file for usbwindows 7 autorun.inf file downloadautorun fix windows 10 downloadautorun inf autorun amd64,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,windows 10 autorun.inf download,autorun.inf windows 10 usb,download autorun.inf file for usb,windows 7 autorun.inf file download,autorun fix windows 10 download,autorun inf autorun amd64,the autorun inf is missing or corrupt,autorun fix download