Gmail is a service that allows users to store and access their email, contacts, calendar, and other files from multiple computers and mobile devices. The default settings of Gmail allows the user to synchronize their PST files with the Gmail account. However, it is not an easy task to import the PST files in Gmail. In this blog, we will let you know the simple ways to import PST to Gmail account manually.
This article is going to tell you the steps to Import PST to Gmail account manually. You can also read this article for importing Exchange 2013 to Gmail account. If you are using Outlook 2013, then you need to follow this article. In this article, we will learn how to import PST to Gmail account using Send Mail Wizard.
The process of importing the PST file to the Gmail inbox can be time-consuming and tedious. This article is here to help you out.
Looking for efficient ways to import PST files into your Gmail account? Then you’re on the right side. In this blog, you will learn all possible solutions to export your Outlook PST files to Gmail with ease. It will also answer the user’s question: can I open the PST file in Gmail?
PST is an Outlook email client file format that is used to store all Outlook email data. It is a format used online in Outlook that can be easily transferred and evaluated from any online device. Although Outlook and Gmail are both leading email clients today. However, users are increasingly turning to the email client Gmail due to its large number of users.
According to Google, there are about 1.5 billion Gmail users worldwide, and that number is growing. Gmail is leading in server management because it has no downtime compared to Outlook. The features of the two email clients may be almost identical, but Gmail satisfies users. Therefore, it makes users to search for efficient ways to import PST to Gmail account and manage Outlook emails in Gmail account.
Before we move on to how to import a PST file into Gmail. Let’s look at the reasons why users do the same.
Reasons to import PST into Gmail
Users have different priorities when transferring Outlook PST files to Gmail. But the most common reasons for migration are listed below.
- Outlook PST files are more likely to get corrupted, making the data they contain inaccessible. Moreover, if these files are damaged, you will not be able to open and view your emails in Outlook.
- There may be a synchronization issue between the Exchange server and the Outlook client. The mailbox of the user then becomes inaccessible.
- Gmail offers significant cloud storage compared to Outlook. Nowadays, users prefer to store all their data in the cloud. Gmail is starting to get the first preference from users over Outlook.
- PST files get bigger and bigger as they contain more and more data. Also, these PST files are corrupted due to their large size, which is not a problem in Gmail.
- Gmail has a more user-friendly interface than MS Outlook. This means that users switch from Outlook to Gmail to get uninterrupted Gmail services.
- Large companies prefer the email program Gmail for business communication and can switch from Outlook. Employees have no choice but to make the necessary changes.
All the above reasons make it necessary for users to import Outlook PST files into Gmail account. Let’s move on to the efficient methods of importing PSTs to a Gmail account.
How do I import PST files into Gmail?
You can use the following manual methods to import from Gmail. Both methods are described for you step by step.
GWMMO (Google Workspace Migration for Microsoft Outlook) is a utility that allows users to import PST files from Outlook to Gmail, including calendars, journals, notes, contacts, etc. If your main intention is to find efficient ways to import PST to Gmail account, then this method is your solution. Follow the steps below to complete the import process with this tool.
- Launch your browser, then type Google Workspace Migration for Microsoft Outlook and download it.
- Once it is installed in the system, run the tool.
- Enter your email address and click Next to continue.
- Now log in with your Gmail password and click Next.
- GWMMO then asks for permission to connect. You need to scroll down and click on the Allow icon.
- A message will appear confirming that the authorization has been granted.
- Use the drop-down lists in the new tab to select the PST file(s) option and click Next.
- Select the PST file you want to import into Gmail and click Next.
- Then check the migration options according to your needs and click the Migrate button.
- The migration process begins now. The migration time depends on the size of the selected Outlook PST file.
- When the operation is complete, a tab appears with instructions. Click on the OK icon to exit.
After carefully following all the above steps, you will be able to view Outlook PST email files in your Gmail account.
- Using the Gmail import feature
As you all know, Gmail and MS Outlook email clients can use IMAP and POP3 servers to forward emails. Therefore, you can use the built-in import feature in Gmail to import PST files from Outlook into your Gmail account. You can also use this feature to enter additional mailbox information, such as B. Contacts, import. This method completes your successful methods of importing PSTs to your Gmail account. The following steps will guide you through the import process.
- First, log in to your Gmail account with your login details.
- Now click on the settings cog icon in the top right corner and select Show all settings.
All the above methods contribute to the success of importing PST to Gmail account. These are manual methods, but they have certain disadvantages that limit their use. They are time consuming as the input process can take several hours or even days. They are also not suitable for inexperienced users, as they require technical training to function properly.
To overcome all these limitations, you can use an alternative method, namely PST converter. It is the best tool to convert Outlook PST files to different file formats like PDF, MBOX, MHT, EML, EMLX, TXT, etc. Users can transfer PST files to Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo, etc. It can also import PSTs directly into Gmail in bulk.
We have shown you effective ways to import PST file into Gmail account. Users are switching from Outlook to Gmail for specific reasons. You can use either manual method to help you through the migration process. However, if you have difficulty with these methods, you can opt for a professional third-party automated PST to Gmail migration tool. It will meet your migration needs without any problem.If you have ever been trying to import pst files to outlook in your Gmail, you may have discovered that it’s not always easy to do so. That’s because most of the time, you don’t have the access to the PST file you want to have imported.. Read more about advik pst to gmail import and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I import Outlook PST files into Gmail?
Yes, you can import Outlook PST files into Gmail. How do I import Outlook PST files into Gmail? To import Outlook PST files into Gmail, follow these steps: Open the “Compose” window in Gmail. Click “Attachments” in the “Compose” window. Click the “Import from another email service” link. Select the PST file you want to import. Click “Next.” Select the “Import” option.
How do I export PST files to Gmail?
If you are using Outlook 2007 or 2010, you can export PST files to Gmail using the Export Outlook Data to Google Mail option in the File menu.
How do I import PST files into Gmail without Outlook?
If you are using a web browser, you can use the Gmail Import tool to import PST files into Gmail.
import pst to gmail without outlookkernel import pst to gmailpst to gmail migration toolimport pst to gmail freeadvik pst to gmail importimport pst to gmail mac,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,import pst to gmail without outlook,kernel import pst to gmail,pst to gmail migration tool,import pst to gmail free,advik pst to gmail import,google apps migration for microsoft outlook,import pst to gmail mac,pst to gmail wizard